Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
**To start, here are some awesome TED Talks on education:
Ken Robinson - How to Escape Education's Death Valley
Geoffrey Canada - Our failing schools. Enough is enough!
And for even more - TED Talks About Education
And this interesting interview with Mike Rowe from Real Time with Bill Maher
Friday, August 2, 2013
|We were traveling super fast in this picture so it's all |
kinds of blurry, but you get the idea!
|Oh the muddy, muddy Mississippi|
June 29-30: A group of my friends went camping. They were only about an hour away, so The Boss and I went up to visit them during the day. As soon as we all arrived and as soon as everyone got their tents set up in poured rain. After the rain stopped, we got to go tubing (some people call it "floating") on a flooded campground that had a river running through it. We played on flooded playground equipment and even though I got a huge gash in my foot, I managed to not get dysentery. And no one fried by the electrical transformers which were also flooded.
|The campsite after we'd all been drenched with rain.|
July 3-7: I had an awesome long holiday weekend. Watched the fireworks on the 3rd. Spent the 4th recovering from a night of drinking out of my "magic cup" that never held the same beverage twice and never went empty. The 5th we went out on the river again and then we went out on the town that night. The 6th and 7th I spent recovering from the madness.
|Definitely one of the best pictures ever taken of our rag-tag group (plus, we were right in front of where they|
were doing the July 4th air show, so there's a pretty sweet airplane in the background)
|My favorite group of party girls|
|When he's not busy carrying whole trees on his shoulders, |
this boy likes to party with the girls (who can blame him,
did you see those hotties up there?)
Some of my favorite moments of the trip -
- The first night was just a huge party where we were all happy to be there and to be with each other.
- After roughly a million hours of drinking, our entire crew took a walk to the river where we stomped around in our non-swimming clothes and giggled a LOT.
- Falling asleep in my tent while admiring the endless stars above me.
- Tubing the next day - water, sunshine (well... a little bit of sunshine), beer and best friends, ahhh nice.
- The second night, sitting by the river at midnight, for hours, talking with some of my closest friends about some intense subjects and counting shooting stars.
|My baby tent. All screen = Soo many stars!|
|Playing in the river - beer in hand - backpack cooler - flashlight - giggles|
|This is what happens when I steal The Boss's camera|
|Those are some pasty, highly attractive SOBs|